Controller issues on pc

Having troubles with Project Spark? Something you don't understand? Post it here, there's surely someone who can help!
Dannyballsub

Controller issues on pc

Post#1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:58 pm

So I can't seem to get my Xbox one controller to work on pc. Why is that? I thought it was possible to play the pc version with an Xbox controller?

Well, you sort of can. Whenever I try it the game doesn't react properly and the controls eork and then don't, and then do again.

So, how can I do it?

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Controller issues on pc

Post#2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:17 pm

It's a bug with Project Spark and Windows 10. In order to get it to work, you have to mouse over the taskbar, and click it anywhere but the Project Spark icon. You should see the PS icon deselected by going from a gray border to none. After that, your controller should work fine.

Pro tip: if you need to record Project Spark while using a controller, use Windows Gamebar. You can start Gamebar with mouse/keyboard first, and then deselect PS on the taskbar like you normally would to use controller. Gamebar will still record.
End of line.

Dannyballsub

Post#3 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:22 pm

LucidStew wrote:It's a bug with Project Spark and Windows 10. In order to get it to work, you have to mouse over the taskbar, and click it anywhere but the Project Spark icon. You should see the PS icon deselected by going from a gray border to none. After that, your controller should work fine.

Pro tip: if you need to record Project Spark while using a controller, use Windows Gamebar. You can start Gamebar with mouse/keyboard first, and then deselect PS on the taskbar like you normally would to use controller. Gamebar will still record.

Thanks a bunch, man! That's been bugging me forever. What's Gamebar though? Is it a screen recorder?

LucidStew
Level 3
Level 3

Post#4 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:34 am

It will record whatever is in a given window. press windows+g to bring it up.
End of line.

Return to “Users to users support”